2015 National JBQ Festival
The 2015 National JBQ Festival theme is "Celebrate the Sacrifice"
The Festival will be held in Naperville, Illinois, and is being hosted by Calvary Church.
Dates: June 11-13, 2015
- All Hotels next year MUST be booked through the National Festival
- State Champions must register before date posted on the Web Site
- Regional qualifiers must register by date posted on the Web Site, then at-large teams will be announced
For more information, and a list of past Festival winners, visit the National Festival web site: jbqfestival.org.
How Can My Team Qualify for the National Festival?
The National JBQ Festival has grown to
such a size that it has become necessary to make adjustments in team
qualification procedures. It has always been a goal to use the JBQ
Regional tournaments as the key qualifier for the National Festival.
With more regions now hosting an official regional competition, this
goal has become possible.
With this in mind, the festival committee has set the qualifying standards listed below.
- Each district first place team (winner of
the district / state championship) will automatically qualify to
participate at the National Festival.
- Should the top team be unable to attend, the district coordinator may select the next qualified team to fill that position.
- Each region will qualify 5 additional teams along with the top district team.
- We recommend that the top 4 JBQ teams from
each district be invited to the Regional Competition. (As mentioned, the
district first place team will automatically be invited to attend the
- The other three district teams may earn a
spot at the National Festival by being one of the top 5 regional teams
that have not already qualified as a district / state top team. (If one
of those teams is unable to attend, the regional coordinator will give
that spot to the next qualified team.)
Please note the following:
- This permits each region to sponsor a total
of 5 regional teams plus 1 top team per district to attend the National
Festival. All teams qualifying must be from one of the districts within
- Registrations are on a first come,
first serve basis, with the maximum number of 75 teams accepted for
participation by the May 5, 2015 deadline.
- To ensure fairness to all regions, we are
recommending that all JBQ Regional tournaments take place on or before
the first weekend of May.
How can I register for the National Festival?
- You can register for the National Festival by logging onto the National Festival web site at jbqfestival.org.